Manager, Marine Operations, U.S. East Coast & Caribbean Jacksonville, Florida (Full Time).
Commensurate with Experience
Signet Maritime Corporation has an immediate opening for a Manager, Marine Operations, U.S. East Coast & Caribbean for Jacksonville Fleet Operations. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, have an excellent driving record, advanced computer skills and a bachelor's degree. A USCG License and Maritime tugboat experience is required.
- Create a safety culture throughout the organization;
- Implements policies and procedures by performing personnel functions such as hiring, interviewing, evaluating, and training;
- Manage operational changes;
- Oversee and manage the Marine Superintendents work and scheduling;
- Provide operational and technical management oversight of all vessels in Jacksonville;
- Coordinate with employees, surveyors, inspectors and other parties to ensure the vessels comply with local, national, and international rules, laws and regulations together with classification requirements
- Monitor fleet performance to ensure vessels are serviced, maintained and records are kept up-to-date in respect to hull, machinery and technical matters. To be completed in conjunction with the Ocean Towing Manager and Engineering;
- Review the purchase of spares parts, stores, new equipment and services;
- Review disbursement accounts with respect to supplies and technical expenditures;
- Assist Captains in the daily operations of the vessels and with crew management, crew changes, and rotational travel;
- Manage special projects by interacting with customers and outside vendors, performing cost analysis estimates, preparing schedules, and reviewing finished work and payments;
- Prepare employee performance appraisal reports;
- Recommend competency and licensing profiles for marine personnel to Human Resources;
- Interface with vessel crews and customers with the utmost regard for professionalism and confidentiality;
- Serve as the Alternate DPA;
- Participate in customer and business development meetings.
- Bachelor Degree is required with minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Extensive experience sailing tugboats is required, sailing as Captain on ocean going tugs with towing experience is required;
- Familiarity with Jacksonville to Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic ports and transits is preferred;
- An active USCG License is preferred;
- A 1600 Ton or greater license, with a Master of Towing endorsement, is preferred;
- A valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Interested applications should e-mail their application to Careers@SignetMaritime.com.
- Signet Maritime Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes diversity in the workplace.
- If selected for employment, the successful applicant's employment will be subject to passing a routine drug test and criminal background check.
- Signet Maritime Corporation is a tobacco free company.